Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What's wrong with people...

As you may or may not be following the recent "drama" of the Gosselin family, the family of sextuplets on the TLC show - Jon and Kate plus Eight.

I have to wonder what is going on with this world of ours. What happened to being decent human beings and living a quiet unassuming life. I know blogging is not any better but I can at least choose who reads my going ons and I guarantee you no one is paying me $50,000 each time I blog!

I'm assuming these people are not actors and especially not the children so it saddens me that these kids, unbeknownst to them, that their tight little family is unraveling. I know Kate, the mother has been pitted as the "bitch" of the relationship and I have to agree she has set herself up for the labeling. However, as they say, it takes two to tango and it just was in poor taste that Jon was seen out late (and I mean late - in the a.m.'s) with girl(s).

We normal folk can usually get away with that crap but when you're this new kind of "reality celebrity" and cameras are with you 24/7; you had better watch what you say, do or eat with! I don't buy the whole "Oh, I didn't know what this would do to us!!" garbage. You're putting your life in the hands of our critical society, what did you think would happen?

As always, the children will be the ones who suffers and who knows maybe they're not suffering that much. More drama means more money which equals more toys bought for them or places to take them. I could be wrong...probably not though.

These are real people but they also are grown ups and made a choice without limitations perhaps...

2 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Don't watch this show, but couldn't help but notice the headlines about them. I think you are on to somethings with the drama/toys theory.

Yamasaki Family said...

I stumble upon it every now and then but definitely not on a regular basis. I hate the idea that they are earning their living by exposing their children to the media on a daily basis. Even with the pending divorce Kate is quoted as saying "the show must go on". Well, of COURSE it must .. how else will they earn their living???